Meyer Lemon Pound Cake with Meyer Lemon Glaze and Roasted Raspberries
Good Morning and Welcome! It’s time for Sunday Supper. This Weeks Event: Mom’s Favorite Recipes. Hosted by: A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
and Wholistic Woman. Thanks Ladies. Meyer Lemon Pound Cake with Meyer Lemon Glaze is a cake made in an 8 x 4-inch loaf/bread pan so I guess you could call it a loaf-cake. It’s made with Meyer Lemons…those small juicy, sweet lemons that are really delicious. Meyer lemons are compact and packed full of flavor.
This recipe for Meyer Lemon Pound Cake makes 2 loaves. I couldn’t decide whether to top the loaves with roasted strawberries or roasted raspberries,
so I topped one loaf with roasted strawberries and the other loaf with roasted raspberries! You could certainly use blackberries, blueberries or
even mulberries. Don’t like berries or can’t eat berries? Then try stone fruit or pears. I think that most fruit is fantastic roasted so any will be great spooned on top of Meyer Lemon Pound Cake.
Today we are celebrating Mom by preparing all of her favorite dishes. Make Mother’s Day special with this nice and easy dessert. If Mom is a lemon lover or can’t resist a fruity-style dessert, she’ll really love this simple yet fancy dessert. It’s a lemon lovers delight.
Meyer Lemon Pound Cake
- 3 cups
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup
fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 16 tablespoons
unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups
- zest from 2
- 5 large
- 2 teaspoons
- whipped topping or
whipped cream, optional
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 cups
- 1/4 cup
Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon
Meyer lemon zest
- Glaze directions:
- Beat confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons butter and lemon zest together in a bowl until glaze is smooth.
- Cake/Loaf directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together buttermilk and lemon juice in a measuring cup. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest together. Start on low speed and gradually increase to medium-high once the butter and sugar are incorporated. Continue beating until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Make sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next one and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. After adding all the eggs, add the vanilla. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add a fourth of the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just barely incorporated. Continue alternating between adding the flour and the buttermilk, beating slowly between each addition and ending with the last of the flour.
- Divide the batter evenly between the loaf pans and smooth the tops.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, rotating the pans once during baking. Bake until the cakes are deep golden on top and a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove the cakes from the pans and transfer to a cooling rack.
- With a long wooden skewer, poke eight holes into the tops of the cakes.
- Glaze the loaves by spooning about half of the glaze over the cakes, let cool. Pour remaining glaze over cake, allow to set. Meanwhile roast strawberries or raspberries.
- 4 to 6 cups
berries of your choice or mixture of berries
- 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 400º Spray baking sheet with sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, gently toss berries with sugar and vanilla extract.
- Spoon berries into prepared baking sheet.
- Roast berries for 10 to 20 minutes. (roasting times will vary due to oven temps and berries)
- Remove from oven and spoon berries into a bowl.
- Allow berries to sit a few minutes before using to let berries release more juice
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal by Cooking With Carlee
- Frozen Pina Colada by The Redhead Baker
- Goats Cheese Rolls with Honey and Thyme by Manu’s Menu
- Mom’s Banana Bread by Family Around the Table
- Mom’s Famous Poppy Seed Bread With A Citrus Glaze by And She Cooks
- Mom’s Wine Spritzer by Momma’s Meals
Salads, Side Dishes, and Sauces:
- Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus by Flavor Mosaic
- Italian Country Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mom’s Cucumbers in Vinegar by Simple And Savory
- Mom’s Homemade Perogies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Polish Haluski (Pan Fried Noodles & Sauerkraut) by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spinach Salad with Simple Vinaigrette by Cooking Chat
- Zippy Barbecue Sauce by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Chicken and Egg Salad Sandwich by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Chicken with Poblano Cream Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Fried Smelt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Granny Smith’s Meatloaf by Get the Good Stuff!
- Jean’s Best Vegetable Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Lemon & Garlic Herbed Roasted Chicken by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mama’s Favorite Southern Fried Chicken by The Chef Next Door
- Mom’s Cheese & Onion Enchiladas by The TipToe Fairy
- Mom’s Lentil Toastadas by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Moussaka by My Life Cookbook
- Shirley’s Potato Soup by Our Good Life
- Mom’s Spare Ribs To Go by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Mom’s Sukiyaki: Japanese Beef and Vegetables Hot Pot by Asian In America
- Myra’s Super Supper by Tramplingrose
- Pizza Meatloaf by A Mind Full Mom
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Apple Bread Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Crisp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Baklava by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Brown Sugar Pudding by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Butter Balls by Feeding and More
- Carrot Cream Cheese Coffee Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Cherry Truffle Cheesecake by What Smells So Good?
- Crustless Pecan Pie Rice Pudding by Desserts Required
- Double Layer Chocolate Cake with Red Wine Chocolate Buttercream by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Classic Date Squares by She Loves Biscotti
- Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Cake by What The Fork Food Blog
- Homemade Chocolate Cherry Candies by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Hungarian Crepes: Palacsinta by My Gourmet Connection
- Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate and Mint by The Finer Cookie
- Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze and Roasted Strawberries by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Mom’s Apple Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Mom’s Famous White Icing by Monica’s Table
- Moms Mayonnaise Cake by My World Simplified
- Pavlova with Raspberries and Cream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Rocky Road Brownie Sundae for Mom by The Weekend Gourmet
- Rose Shortbread Cookies by Baking Sense
- Sour Cream Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
Plus What Mom Really Wants for Mother’s Day plus Mom’s Favorite from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.